Extract from the official war diary of 6th Bn, 22nd (Cheshire) Regiment
- B. Coy: (strength 4 officers 220 other ranks) relieve A. Coy: in Trenches. Parade 9. a.m.
- C.O., Adjutant, M.O., Q.M, & Transport Officer make reconnaissance of Trench Line.
- “C. & D” Coys: carry on with Training.
- Orders = (a) Defensive measures against Gas Attacks.
(b) Precautions against naked lights in billets.
- Strength = 2 other ranks (to No. 1. T.F. Base. Time exp.
- Fatigue = 2nd LIEUT. HOLMES and 25 other ranks to carry explosives from D. 3. H. Q. to THE TAMBOUR.
1 G.S. Limbered Wagon to carry guns & ammunition from The Citadel to MEAULTE for 99th T.M. Battery.